- Across all education levels, Americans say owning makes more sense than renting. This belief is held consistently across all demographic groups.
- Nearly two-thirds of current renters say that they will buy a house at some point in the future.
- Non-financial factors such as safety and quality of local schools continue to be the top reasons for buying a home across all income groups.
- African-Americans and Hispanics are more likely to cite various benefits, such as buying a home as a way to build wealth, homeownership as a symbol of success, and civic benefits.
Quarterly National Housing Survey Shows That Americans Of All Backgrounds Continue To Have Strong Aspirations To Own A Home
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.