SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Spansion Inc. (NYSE: CODE), a leading provider of parallel and serial NOR Flash memory, today announced it has entered volume production of its 512 Mb Spansion® FL-S Serial (SPI) NOR Flash memory featuring the highest-density single-die serial Flash. The Spansion FL-S family spans from 128 Mb to 1 Gb and features an industry-leading programming speed that is three times faster than competing solutions and has 20% faster double data rate (DDR) read performance. The speed improvements are key to enriching the user experience for a growing range of embedded applications, such as automotive instrument clusters and infotainment systems, industrial and medical graphic displays as well as home networking gateways and set-top boxes.
Engineers are choosing Spansion serial Flash memory for its leading performance, automotive grade quality and temperature ranges, support for higher densities, complimentary Flash file system software and long-term product support. Customers are increasingly demanding these attributes for improving the user experience and delivering innovative, graphic-rich, stylish designs.
Specific applications that can benefit from the Spansion FL-S product family include the following:
- Automotive: Instrument clusters and infotainment systems, which rely on 3D graphic engines for displaying real-time driver information and demand high reliability, real-time fast rendering and lower pin counts. These capabilities are required for giving consumers stylish designs with improved graphics and an instant on experience with their digital dashboards.
- Consumer: Home gateways, digital TVs, set top boxes and printers, which require smaller packages in a high-density serial interface and advanced security features to protect content, allowing manufacturers to give their end consumers a secure and instant-on experience.
- Smart meters: High reliability performance in a cost effective platform for the growing amounts of Flash memory code needed to monitor energy usage.
- WiMax systems: Increasingly require smaller packages such as BGA with high reliability.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts