- On February 21, 2012, the Company announced further promising results from its continuing preclinical study of SGX202 (oral BDP) in a canine gastrointestinal acute radiation syndrome (GI ARS) model. The new study results indicate that dogs treated with SGX202 starting 24 hours after exposure to lethal doses of total body irradiation (TBI) demonstrated statistically significant (p=0.04) improvement in survival when compared to control dogs. This study builds upon the previous results which showed statistically significant survival in dogs when dosing of SGX202 was initiated two hours after lethal doses of TBI. These results demonstrate that SGX202 has the potential to reduce the inflammatory cytokine storm induced by the radiation damaged GI tract.
- On February 10, 2012, the Company announced preliminary results from its Phase 1/2 clinical trial evaluating SGX201, a time-release formulation of oral BDP for the prevention of acute radiation enteritis. The Phase 1/2 protocol BDP-ENT-01 was designed as an open label, randomized, dose-finding study at five centers. Sixteen subjects with rectal cancer scheduled to undergo concurrent radiation and chemotherapy prior to surgery were enrolled in one of four dose groups, with dosing administered throughout the duration of radiation therapy plus one week. The primary objective of the study was to evaluate the safety and tolerability of escalating doses of SGX201, as well as to assess the preliminary efficacy of SGX201 for prevention of signs and symptoms of acute radiation enteritis. This study demonstrated that oral administration of SGX201 was safe and well tolerated across all four dose groups. There was also evidence of a potential dose response with respect to diarrhea, nausea and vomiting and the assessment of enteritis according to NCI Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events for selected gastrointestinal events. In addition, the incidence of diarrhea was lower than that seen in recent published historical control data in this patient population.
- On February 6, 2012, the Company announced results from preclinical studies of its proprietary vaccine thermostabilization technology, ThermoVax™, indicating its ability to produce stable vaccine formulations using adjuvants, protein immunogens, and other components that ordinarily would not withstand long temperature variations exceeding customary refrigerated storage conditions. These studies were conducted with Soligenix's aluminum-adjuvanted ricin toxin vaccine, RiVax™, made under precise lyophilization conditions using excipients that aid in maintaining native protein structure of the ricin A chain, the immunogenic compound of the vaccine. When RiVax™ was kept at 40 degrees Celsius for over one month, all of the animals vaccinated with the lyophilized RiVax™ vaccine developed potent and high titer neutralizing antibodies. In contrast, animals that were vaccinated with the liquid RiVax™ vaccine kept at 40 degrees Celsius did not develop neutralizing antibodies and were not protected against ricin exposure. The ricin A chain is extremely sensitive to temperature and rapidly loses the ability to induce neutralizing antibodies when exposed to temperatures higher than 8 degrees Celsius.
- On January 31, 2012, the Company implemented a one-for-twenty reverse split of its common stock effective February 1, 2012.
- On January 26, 2012, the Company announced the receipt of approximately $574,000, net of transaction costs, in non-dilutive financing via the State of New Jersey's Technology Business Tax Certificate Transfer Program.
- On January 18, 2012, the Company announced results from long-term stability studies of its proprietary DNI (dominant negative inhibitor) anthrax rPA (recombinant protective antigen) subunit protein vaccine, known as SGX204. SGX204 is a hyperimmunogenic derivative of PA and is being developed as a vaccine to protect against anthrax disease either as a pre-exposure prophylactic vaccine or post-exposure vaccine. Positive stability was demonstrated when DNI rPA was subjected to temperatures as high as 70 degrees Celsius for one month. In this case, DNI rPA retained native configuration with no evidence of denaturation that typically occurs in water buffers under the same thermal conditions. Redundant methods to determine protein structure each yielded results that indicated that the thermally stressed DNI protein retained completely native conformation after exposure to 70 degrees Celsius. The water free DNI protein was formulated with common excipients that allow for preservation of protein structure in the dried state. Long-term stability of DNI rPA was also demonstrated after refrigerated storage for more than 7 years. More importantly, when DNI rPA was combined with a potent adjuvant formulation, animals vaccinated with the combination developed high titer neutralizing antibodies that confer protection against anthrax disease.
- On December 12, 2011, the Company announced the publication of results from an investigator-initiated Phase 2 "proof-of-concept" exploratory clinical trial of orBec® for the prevention of acute Graft-versus-Host disease (GVHD) in patients undergoing myeloablative conditioning regimens with initiation of dosing prior to hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) and continuing through the post-transplantation period. The article is entitled "Evaluation of Oral Beclomethasone Dipropionate for the Prevention of Acute Graft-versus-Host Disease" and was posted online in Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation.
Soligenix Reports Year-End 2011 Financial Results And Highlights Recent Accomplishments
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.