- Net revenue totaled R$16.5 billion in 2011, 14% up on the R$14.5 billion reported in 2010 and a Company record. In 4Q11, net revenue reached R$4.2 billion, 21% higher than in 4Q10;
- Net revenue from mining totaled R$5.9 billion in 2011, 64% up on 2010, and R$1.6 billion in the fourth quarter, 46% higher than in 4Q10, a Company record in both the quarter and in the full year;
- CSN posted record iron ore sales volume of 29.3 million tonnes in 2011, 16% more than in 2010. In 4Q11, sales volume totaled 8.0 million tonnes, 25% up year-on-year and also a record;
- Consolidated steel product sales volume totaled 4.9 million tonnes, 2% up on 2010. In the domestic market, sales volume reached a record 4.2 million tonnes, corresponding to 86% of total sales. In 4Q11, domestic steel products sales accounted for 88% of total sales;
- In 2011, mining segment EBITDA reached R$3.8 billion, equivalent to 55% of the Company's total EBITDA;
- Net income amounted to R$3.7 billion in 2011, 46% up on 2010. In 4Q11, net income amounted to R$817 million, 81% more than in 4Q10;
- On January 31, 2012, CSN acquired SWT from the Alfonso Gallardo Group for euro 482.5 million. SWT is a German long-steel producer with annual installed capacity of 1.1 million tonnes of steel profiles;
- CSN is a highly liquid company, with a cash position of R$15.4 billion.
CSN Posts Record Net Revenue Of R$16.5 Billion In 2011; Net Income Moved Up By 46%, Reaching R$3.7 Billion
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.