- Net revenue totaled R$16.5 billion in 2011, 14% up on the R$14.5 billion reported in 2010 and a Company record. In 4Q11, net revenue reached R$4.2 billion, 21% higher than in 4Q10;
- Net revenue from mining totaled R$5.9 billion in 2011, 64% up on 2010, and R$1.6 billion in the fourth quarter, 46% higher than in 4Q10, a Company record in both the quarter and in the full year;
- CSN posted record iron ore sales volume of 29.3 million tonnes in 2011, 16% more than in 2010. In 4Q11, sales volume totaled 8.0 million tonnes, 25% up year-on-year and also a record;
- Consolidated steel product sales volume totaled 4.9 million tonnes, 2% up on 2010. In the domestic market, sales volume reached a record 4.2 million tonnes, corresponding to 86% of total sales. In 4Q11, domestic steel products sales accounted for 88% of total sales;
- In 2011, mining segment EBITDA reached R$3.8 billion, equivalent to 55% of the Company's total EBITDA;
- Net income amounted to R$3.7 billion in 2011, 46% up on 2010. In 4Q11, net income amounted to R$817 million, 81% more than in 4Q10;
- On January 31, 2012, CSN acquired SWT from the Alfonso Gallardo Group for euro 482.5 million. SWT is a German long-steel producer with annual installed capacity of 1.1 million tonnes of steel profiles;
- CSN is a highly liquid company, with a cash position of R$15.4 billion.
CSN Posts Record Net Revenue Of R$16.5 Billion In 2011; Net Income Moved Up By 46%, Reaching R$3.7 Billion
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.