3 Reasons Motorola's Xyboard Is Better Than the iPad
2. It's made of the right stuff!
Motorola knew enough to frame the edge of this tablet in rubber. That means it does not skid around your desk or airline tray, stands up when you lean it against a PC on your desk (as I am doing now to look at my notes for this story) and has a good grip that means it may literally never be dropped. I haven't dropped it once. Compare that to my iPad, which hit the deck in the first 15 minutes. The Xyboard's case, rigid screen and attention to detail prevents that iPad gonna-bust-mama's-china feeling. You -- and your clients -- can get a hold and keep a hold of it.
And that, friends, is the feeling you want.
3. It's not trying to be a laptop replacement.
Because this unit is smaller and aimed at the consumer, Motorola stayed away from positioning this thing as another PC experience. It's really too cramped for that. But therein lies the sleeper upside: The unit's high-resolution screen, 4G LTE network support from Verizon, excellent Google (GOOG) Android 4.0 OS and portable Wi-Fi hotspot make it one seriously productive device. One that works with your PC. Remember, it's light enough that you can slide it in your bag. So the Xyboard gives the best of both worlds -- you can carry it as a work tablet and have your PC, which you most definitely still need to do more complex tasks.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV