For the fourth quarter, we are projecting that revenues will be slightly higher than the $68.1 million realized in the fourth quarter last year. We are projecting that diluted earnings per share for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012 will be approximately $0.08 to $0.09 per share. As mentioned above, we expect for the full year that revenues will grow 9% to 10% and that net income will grow approximately 40%, after adding back the one-time impairment charge of $4.8 million to net income for fiscal year 2011.
The increase in net income during the third quarter and the decrease in net income in the fourth quarter compared to our prior guidance are due to the timing of the recording of the change in the fair market value of our investment in Windset. Based on a recent appraisal of Windset it was determined that the change in the fair market value of our investment for fiscal year 2012 will be $5.8 million. In addition, based on the appraisal, it was determined that $4.7 million of the $5.8 million should be recorded for the nine months ended February 26, 2012, which resulted in $3.5 million being recorded in the third quarter and the remaining $1.1 million to be recorded in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012. In our prior guidance, we had assumed that the majority of the annual fair market value adjustment would occur in the fourth quarter not the third quarter of fiscal year 2012. Operationally, Windset is ahead of its plan for the twelve months ended May 27, 2012 and this improved performance will be reflected in the $5.8 million change in the fair market value of our investment for fiscal year 2012.
2) Is the fresh-cut produce category returning to a growth mode and how has the weather been in California thus far in fiscal year 2012?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV