The broad indexes all showed strong gains, after the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reported that its Chicago Fed National Activity Index's declined to -0.09 in February from +0.33 in January, but that the index's three month moving average increased to +0.30 in February from +0.22 in January, for "its highest level since May 2010," suggesting "that growth in national economic activity was above its historical trend," with "limited inflationary pressure from economic activity over the coming year."
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas reported that its Texas Manufacturing Outlook Survey showed that "factory activity continued to increase in March," with the production index for the state holding steady at 11.1, "suggesting growth continued at about the same pace as last month."
The KBW Bank Index (I:BKX) rose over 1% to close at 50.23, with all but one of the 24 index components rising for the session.Regions Financial's shares have now returned 54% year-to-date, after falling 38% last year. The stock trades for nine times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of 75 cents a share, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 47 cents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV