DENVER, March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Pearson today announced the details of its 13 th annual Cite higher education technology conference. The four-day event brings together more than 500 leaders for a dialogue on best practices in online and blended learning.
Cite 2012 will be held April 10-13 at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes in Orlando. Representatives from more than 100 public and private institutions and community colleges are expected to attend.
"Technology is playing an increasingly important role in education, with more than six million students now taking at least one online course. Pearson's Cite conference is a tremendous opportunity for higher education technology leaders to both share their knowledge and innovations in instruction and learning, and to learn new ideas from their colleagues about how to improve their courses and programs," said Matt Leavy, CEO of Pearson eCollege.
"Innovative technologies continue to transform higher education. Our annual Cite conference is a forum for education leaders who are focused on delivering highly successful online programs to engage in a dialogue about innovations in learning," said Don Kilburn, Vice Chairman of Pearson Higher Education and CEO of Pearson Learning Solutions.This year's program features 60 breakout sessions, workshops and interactive exhibits on topics such as data analytics to improve instruction and student achievement; trends in social media, eTextbooks and mobile learning; best practices for online courses and programs; and delivering effective student services. Keynote speakers include:
- Dr. Mark Milliron, an award-winning education leader, author, speaker and consultant who is well-known for exploring leadership development, future trends, learning strategies and the human side of technological change.
- Dr. Marilee J. Bresciani, Professor of Postsecondary Education Leadership at San Diego State University, whose research focuses on the evaluation of student learning and development.
- Dr. John J. Medina, a developmental molecular biologist and author of The New York Times bestseller Brain Rules: 12 Principals for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School, a provocative book that takes on the way our schools and work environments are designed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV