The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading up 128 points (+1%) at 13,208 as of Monday, Mar 26, 2012, 1:35 p.m. ET. During this time, 378.6 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 2,225 issues advancing vs. 754 declining with 97 unchanged. Holding back the Dow today is Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ), which is lagging the broader Dow index with a 27-cent decline (-0.7%) bringing the stock to $39.15. Volume for Verizon Communications currently sits at 9.2 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 13.9 million shares. Verizon Communications has a market cap of $106.99 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are down 1.7% year to date as of Friday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 5%. Verizon Communications Inc. provides communications, information, and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses, and governmental agencies worldwide. It operates in two segments, Verizon Wireless and Wireline. The company has a P/E ratio of 46.7, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 18.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Verizon Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Verizon Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about ^DJI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV