NEW YORK, March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Applied Materials Inc. (NASDAQ: AMAT: $13) has been picked by S&P Capital IQ as its Focus Stock of the Week. AMAT carries S&P Capital IQ's highest investment recommendation of 5-STARS, or Strong Buy.
"We think all of AMAT's business segments should improve from current levels in the coming months," said Angelo Zino, equity analyst at S&P Capital IQ. "While we believe the company's Silicon segment has already shown signs of rebounding from trough levels, we expect to see order improvement from both the display and solar-related businesses as the calendar year progresses. We anticipate that foundry and flash memory companies will be the key drivers in the projected rebound for AMAT's semiconductor equipment business."
To view a video of Mr. Zino discussing AMAT paste the following link into your browser.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV