NEW YORK, March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Applied Materials Inc. (NASDAQ: AMAT: $13) has been picked by S&P Capital IQ as its Focus Stock of the Week. AMAT carries S&P Capital IQ's highest investment recommendation of 5-STARS, or Strong Buy.
"We think all of AMAT's business segments should improve from current levels in the coming months," said Angelo Zino, equity analyst at S&P Capital IQ. "While we believe the company's Silicon segment has already shown signs of rebounding from trough levels, we expect to see order improvement from both the display and solar-related businesses as the calendar year progresses. We anticipate that foundry and flash memory companies will be the key drivers in the projected rebound for AMAT's semiconductor equipment business."
To view a video of Mr. Zino discussing AMAT paste the following link into your browser.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV