Cbeyond (NASDAQ: CBEY), a leading provider of cloud and network services to small and medium sized businesses, has been named to Forbes’ list of “ America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies.” The annual list recognizes publicly-traded U.S. companies that demonstrate superior transparency and integrity in business categories ranging from accounting practices to overall corporate governance and management.
Forbes partnered with financial analytics firm GMIRATINGS (GMI) to assign quarterly accounting and governance risk (AGR) scores to more than 8,000 public companies; these scores measure the levels of risk that corporate behaviors could potentially generate for shareholders. GMI then grouped the 100 companies with the highest scores into large-, mid- and small-cap subsets.
Cbeyond ranked among the most trustworthy small-cap companies, achieving an average AGR score of 93 (out of 100) during the previous 12 months.
“The core of Cbeyond’s corporate culture is integrity and honesty and we work hard to uphold these values,” said Jim Geiger, president and CEO of Cbeyond. “Establishing and maintaining trust and transparency with our customers, partners, employees and shareholders is fundamental to us, and we are thrilled Forbes has highlighted this on our behalf.”In constructing the list, Forbes and GMI evaluated companies using the following criteria:
- Companies must have achieved a market cap of at least $250 million as of March 2012.
- During the last four quarters, companies must have achieved “average” or “conservative” AGR scores. While companies were rewarded with higher scores for effective, transparent behaviors, their scores were penalized for unusual or excessive executive compensation, high levels of management turnover, substantial insider trading relative to their corporate peers, or high levels of short-term executive compensation.
- Companies did not amend filings or become the subject of enforcement actions from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Companies had to rank highly in GMI’s Equity Risk Ranking, which indicates a positive forecast for equity returns.
- Companies also needed to demonstrate a minimal likelihood of financial distress, as measured by GMI’s Bankruptcy Risk model.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV