Here's How You Can Buy a Small Town (Correct)
Updated to correct that Buford is in Wyoming, not Montana.
That's the idea behind an auction to buy a Wyoming town with its own trading post, wireless tower and main street.
|A tiny Wyoming town with its own trading post, wireless tower and main street goes up for auction April 5.|
Billed as the "Nation's Smallest Town," Buford, Wyo., is on the auction block for April 5. The hope among the town's principal owner -- and sole resident -- is that a buyer will show up and buy Buford, lock, stock and barrel.According to a "buyer's list," the town is small in stature but large in amenities, once you get your arms around the idea you're buying an entire town out West. Here's a look at what the winning auction bidder gets for "buying" Buford:
- The Buford Trading post, an income-producing convenience and fuel store.
- U.S, Postal Office boxes and a Union Wireless cellular tower with lease (also income-producing).
- Five buildings, including a three-bedroom home, a 1905 schoolhouse (used as an office), a garage and a 1900s cabin (used as a tool shed).
- Approximately 10 acres.
- A parking area previously used by an overnight shipping company for nighttime trailer switches.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV