BENTON HARBOR, Mich., March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR), the world's largest manufacturer of home appliances, will present at EE Global 2012 in Orlando, Florida from March 27-29, 2012. Whirlpool efficiency experts, Christian Gianni, vice president, engineering & technology; Warwick Stirling, global director of energy and sustainability; and Tom Catania, former vice president, government relations, will address issues related to clean technology, the power grid and public-private partnerships.
Co-hosted by the Alliance to Save Energy and the Southeast Energy Efficiency Alliance, EE Global convenes world-class business, technology, government and policy leaders to address the latest technological breakthroughs, policy advances and research related to energy efficiency.
"We are delighted to welcome Messrs. Gianni, Stirling and Catania of Whirlpool Corporation to the world's premier dialogue on energy efficiency," said Kateri Callahan, president of the Alliance. "As prominent voices in the industry, these gentlemen will be invaluable contributors, and will showcase the innovative thinking that has made of Whirlpool a global giant in the manufacture of energy-efficient appliances."The three Whirlpool speakers will join the more than 50 energy experts from around the world already confirmed to address three plenary sessions and four concurrent tracks of executive dialogue sessions. Each track concentrates on one of four key areas of energy efficiency: policy, innovation, integration and implementation. In addition, as part of the EE Global Virtual Podium, Whirlpool Corporation will discuss a new product component to help deliver innovation and energy efficiency to consumers. A key factor in appliance energy efficiency is the type of blowing agent used in the foams that insulate a refrigerator's cabinet. The company, along with its research and development partners, is developing a next generation foam technology, Hydro Fluoro Olefins (HFOs), commonly known as fourth generation foams. HFOs are a more environmentally conscious alternative to hydrocarbons, which can deliver 40 percent lower Global Warming Potential (GWP) and 5-8 percent better energy efficiency over existing hydrocarbon solutions. This will provide consumers with the most environmentally-friendly refrigerators available.
- Mr. Gianni will speak during the opening plenary session on Tuesday, March 27 th from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT. His session is titled, "Energy Efficiency: Spurring Innovation & Driving Productivity." It will discuss how businesses are implementing energy efficiency and when this will become part of the mainstream.
- Mr. Stirling will participate in an executive dialogue session on Wednesday, March 28 th from 2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. EDT. The session focuses on innovation and is titled, "Modernizing the Power Grid: Technologies & Programs Making it Happen." It will discuss how to diversify the traditional definition of smart grid and catalyze user energy efficiency.
- Mr. Catania will be a part of the executive dialogue session on Thursday, March 29 th from 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. EDT. This session focuses on integration and is titled, "Public-Private Partnerships: Bringing Government & Industry Together." It will discuss what makes for successful collaborations between government and industry around the world.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.