Firing Line: Corzine's Lack of Honor
It doesn't matter, Skipper: You alone are responsible for this ship and the training of her crew. You failed in your mission. You stand relieved.
Responsibility should never be "pushed downhill." Nothing is more debilitating for an organization. If the Navy had chosen to make a scapegoat of the young sailor who was at the helm of the Hobson that fatal night, it would have crushed centuries of tradition at sea.
Firing Line: No military or business can achieve its missions without the highest degree of trust and accountability. There was ultimately one man responsible for the Hobson tragedy.
Let's see if this time around Wall Street and the government get it right and make the MF Global tragedy serve as notice to all financial heavies that they are the ones in charge, for better or worse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV