Chevron Lubricants, maker of the Delo
brand of technologically advanced engine oils, lubricants and coolants, today introduced the latest member of its product family, Delo® 400 NG SAE 15W-40. The new product, formulated with Chevron’s ISOSYN
Technology, is a premium oil for use in compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied natural gas (LNG) and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) engines.
Delo 400 NG is formulated to deliver outstanding protection and long drain performance in a wide variety of CNG and LNG engines. It has demonstrated excellent field performance and has the capability to help customers minimize operating costs in operations such as municipal bus services, linehaul and delivery truck services, waste truck operations, and off-road equipment.
“There are numerous factors driving the adoption of natural gas vehicles, including significant domestic supply availability, lower fueling costs, reduced environmental impact, and growing CNG/LNG refueling support infrastructure,” said Jim Gambill, North America Delo brand manager. “As more fleets look to alternative fuel solutions to help reduce their carbon footprint and boost their bottom line, we felt it was important to offer an engine oil specifically designed to meet their needs. With Delo 400 NG, there is now a premium oil, designed specifically for heavy-duty natural gas vehicle engines, that will deliver the engine durability and reliability, extended oil drain performance, and long life protection our customers require to successfully operate today.”
Key benefits of Delo 400 NG SAE 15W-40 include:
- Alternative fuel performance: Delivers great performance for medium and heavy-duty vehicles using CNG, LNG, or LPG.
- Excellent engine cleanliness – Excellent ratings for sludge control; and valve or piston deposits in field trials and engine tests.
- Superb oil oxidation/nitration control – Minimizes main and connecting rod bearing corrosive wear
- Low wear performance: Offers excellent tappet and liner wear performance alternative fuel engines
- Extended oil drain performance: Delivers long drain performance protection despite higher stress of CNG combustion
Delo 400 NG meets the performance requirements of key OEM specifications including Cummins (CES 20074) and Detroit Diesel (93K216) and is suitable for service in Daimler MB226.9, Volvo CNG, Renault RGD, Mack CNG, Isuzu CNG, Hino CNG, and Hyundai CNG engines.