DALLAS, March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today unveiled new and expanded semiconductor package options with the availability of bare die. TI's bare die program allows customers to order small quantities as low as 10 pieces for initial prototyping purposes, and larger quantities of full waffle trays for production purposes. Bare die options also provide the capability to integrate multiple functions into smaller areas. With electronic products and systems rapidly getting smaller and more integrated, TI's bare die enables customers to design end equipment with smaller form factors by implementing multi-chip modules (MCM) or systems-in-package (SiPs). For availability and pricing, visit www.ti.com/baredie-pr.
Moving to more integrated packaging solutions provides both weight and power dissipation savings, while improving overall system-level reliability in space-constrained applications. Bare die options are currently available for specific devices in TI's Analog, Power Management, DSP, and MCU portfolios. Further releases will be evaluated and requested through TI's HiRel product group. Bare die target applications include consumer smart cards, mobile RFID readers, medical, industrial, security and high-reliability.
Key features and benefits:
- Space savings: Bare die enables integration of electronics into smaller form factors, which helps designers meet space constraints in applications, such as smart cards and other chip-on-board applications.
- Function integration: Customers building MCMs can integrate the desired components, such as amplifiers, data converters and power components, into one substrate.
- Smaller minimum order quantity: Customers can order as few as 10 pieces for initial prototyping purposes, and larger quantities of full waffle trays for production.
- Expanded availability to order die: Bare die select devices are now available through TI's standard distribution partners and orderable on www.ti.com.
- Broadest bare die capability: Customers can take advantage of the most extensive small quantity options in the market to get their products to market faster.
Find out more about TI's bare die:
- Learn more about TI's extensive bare die portfolio by visiting www.ti.com/baredie-pr.
- Learn more about TI's packaging by visiting www.ti.com/packagingoptions-pr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV