The chemical products company announced Sunday that it is investing in a coatings facility in Saudi Arabia."While near-term concerns on volume and optimism on ethane-ethylene margins dominate for now (and we are raising estimates as a result of the latter), some stabilization in the demand outlook later in Q2/Q3 could shift the discussion back to Dow's potential earnings power at the peak of the ethylene cycle (likely 2015) and/or into the next mid-cycle (we benchmark 2020)," Jefferies analysts wrote in a March 8 report. Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 2.9% Rated "B (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin decreased from the previous year. Dow Chemical has average liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 1.11, which shows the company can technically meet its short-term cash needs. In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth increased 2.02% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $39.81. The stock closed Monday at $35.68 and has risen 24.06% year to date.
Deere The agriculture services company raised its quarterly dividend 5 cents, or 12%, to 46 cents a share. This dividend will be paid on May 1. "We continue to believe that valuation multiples on DE's stock will remain constrained until investors have better visibility on (1) farmer cash flow trends and F2013 volume prospects or (2) impact of new capacity on normalized earnings power," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a March 13 report. Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 2.3% Rated "A- (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's first-quarter gross profit margins were basically the same as they were last year. In the first quarter, stockholders' net worth increased 2.80% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' has a $92.90 price target on Deere. The stock closed Monday at $82.78 and has risen 7.02% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV