NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Wednesday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Tuesday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Kraft Foods (KFT), Dow Chemical (DOW), Deere (DE), Nucor (NUE), Ralph Lauren (RL), Dillard's (DDS), Franklin Resources (BEN), Canadian Pacific Railway (CP), Focus Media (FMCN) and TransCanada (TRP).
Each of the stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
The food products company announced last week that it is going to name its global snacks business Mondelez International. The company is dividing into a North American grocery firm and global snacks business."Kraft Foods filed an 8-K in which it disclosed its wholly-owned subsidiary, Kraft Foods Global, Inc., entered into a $4.0B 364-day revolving credit agreement," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a March 15 report. "Kraft Foods, Inc. is a guarantor of the revolving credit facility, although the guarantee will automatically terminate 'upon the consummation of the previously announced proposed spin-off of our North American grocery business.' Kraft management has previously indicated it plans to complete the spin-off by the end of 2012." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 3% Rated "A+ (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin was about the same as it was last year. Kraft Foods has very weak liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 0.45, which demonstrates a lack of ability to meet its short-term cash needs. In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth decreased 1.72% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $46.67. The stock closed Monday at $38.63 and has risen 3.4% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV