McAfee has announced the availability of a free open-source audit plug-in for MySQL database users to capture complete detailed activity audits from their databases. The free-of-charge plug-in was created and developed by McAfee as part of a new set of features for its award-winning database security solution. The new plug-in helps small and medium-sized businesses as well as larger enterprises satisfy audit requirements.
“McAfee developed the free database audit plug-in to give the community of MySQL users a means of building enterprise-level database security around their databases,” said Dan Sarel, vice president of Database Security Product Management at McAfee. “When coupled with the McAfee Database Activity Monitoring sensor for MySQL, the data is subject to the same real-time analysis and policy enforcement as the data collected from other supported databases.”
The McAfee approach to database security circumvents the major challenges that prevent most organizations from properly protecting their databases, by offering key features such as:
- Complete visibility into database vulnerabilities: total insight into the security posture of each and every database in the environment
- Non-intrusive, real-time protection across all threat vectors: solution is non-intrusive and requires no changes to the existing database and network architecture while offering reliable protection for databases from malicious or unauthorized activity across all threat vectors
- Compliance without downtime: through McAfee virtual patching for databases, security updates can be made without the business disruption of taking critical applications offline
The McAfee database security solution's software-only implementation is easy to deploy, highly scalable and ideal for protecting and monitoring databases in the cloud - many of which are MySQL-based.The free open-source MySQL audit plug-in supports such databases as Oracle, Sybase, MS-SQL and DB2, and can be downloaded here: https://github.com/mcafee/mysql-audit/downloads. For more information on McAfee database security, visit http://www.mcafee.com/dbsecurity as well as watch this video demonstrating how MySQL databases can be protected against hacks and attacks on Web application sitting on top of the database. About McAfee McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse and shop the Web more securely. Backed by its unrivaled Global Threat Intelligence, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. McAfee is relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com Note: McAfee is a registered trademark of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV