AngioDynamics (NASDAQ: ANGO), a leading provider of innovative, minimally invasive medical devices for vascular access, surgery, peripheral vascular disease and oncology, today announced a strategic relationship with privately-held Microsulis Medical Ltd. Microsulis is a medical device company specializing in minimally invasive, microwave ablation technology for the coagulation of soft tissue and has systems in more than 80 hospitals world-wide.
The strategic relationship includes the following key elements:
- AngioDynamics has made a $5 million equity investment in Microsulis through the purchase of senior preferred stock, representing a 14.3% ownership position,
- AngioDynamics has been granted exclusive distribution rights to market and sell the Accu2i pMTA microwave ablation system in all markets outside the United States from May 2012 through December 2013,
- AngioDynamics has been granted the exclusive option to purchase, at any time until September 22, 2013, substantially all of the global assets of Microsulis Medical Ltd., including the microwave ablation technology and its worldwide distribution rights.
“This strategic relationship reflects the commitment to investing in the future growth of our Oncology/Surgery business, and illustrates our focus on leveraging our strong Oncology/Surgery sales team,” said Joseph M. DeVivo, President and Chief Executive Officer of AngioDynamics. “We believe Microsulis’ technology is the most innovative microwave system on the market today. The addition of this breakthrough technology will solidify AngioDynamics as the clear market-leading innovator in the $250 million global tissue ablation market, with a full offering of thermal and non-thermal technologies that includes microwave, radiofrequency and the NanoKnife ® System. We expect the agreement will have a modest revenue contribution in fiscal year 2013.”
“Over the past 15 years, Microsulis has developed what we believe to be the most technically advanced microwave ablation technology on the market today,” said Stuart McIntyre, Chief Executive Officer of Microsulis. “We are excited to have AngioDynamics, with its leading position in surgery and oncology, as our strategic partner and very much look forward to working with them in bringing our products to patients across the globe.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV