MAP Pharmaceuticals Inc. Stock Upgraded (MAPP)
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 179.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$14.18 million to $11.21 million.
- MAPP's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.08, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 48.90% is the gross profit margin for MAP PHARMACEUTICALS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 47.00% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 197.27% to $10.90 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MAP PHARMACEUTICALS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.43%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.