Cheney Undergoes Heart Transplant
WASHINGTON (TheStreet) -- Former Vice President Dick Cheney has undergone a heart transplant, according to the Associated Press.
Cheney's office issued a statement Saturday disclosing the surgery and said he had been on a transplant list for more than 20 months, the AP reported.
An aide to the former vice president said he was recovering in the intensive care unit of Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Va., near Washington, the news agency said. The aide also said that Cheney didn't know the identity of the heart donor.Cheney suffered a heart attack in 2010, his fifth, the AP noted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV