SAO PAULO, March 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Companhia de Saneamento Basico do Estado de Sao Paulo - SABESP (BM&FBovespa: SBSP3; NYSE: SBS), one of the largest water and sewage services providers in the world based in the number of customers, announces today its results for the fourth quarter 2011 (4Q11) and full year 2011 results.
In 2011, net operating revenue reached R$ 9.9 billion, a 7.6% growth compared to the previous year. Costs and expenses, including construction costs, in the amount of R$ 7.5 billion grew 14.0% over 2010. EBIT dropped 8.4%, from R$ 2.7 billion in 2010 to R$ 2.4 billion in 2011. EBITDA remained stable at R$ 3.2 billion between 2010 and 2011. The EBITDA margin was 32.4% in 2011 in comparison to 34.9% in the previous year. Excluding construction revenues and construction costs, the EBITDA margin was 41.1% in 2011 (44.7% in 2010).
The Company's net income was R$ 1.2 billion, a 25.0% drop compared to 2010, mainly due to the currency exchange variation over foreign loans and financing, in the amount of R$ 448.5 million due to the 12.6% appreciation of the U.S. dollar in 2011, compared to the 4.3% depreciation in 2010.
The complete version of the release is available at the Company's website: www.sabesp.com.brConference call – March 27, 2012 In English 10:00 am (US EST)Dial-in access: 1(412) 317-6776Conference ID: Sabesp Live webcast at: www.sabesp.com.br IR Contacts: Mario Arruda Sampaio: (55 11) 3388-8664 ( firstname.lastname@example.org) Angela Beatriz Airoldi: (55 11) 3388-8793 ( email@example.com ) SOURCE SABESP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV