I am also very pleased with our other announcement this morning, naming Carl-Olav Scheible as Executive Vice President of Europe, Africa and emerging channel. Carl begins with MoneyGram April 16. I am really excited about this new position because it’s the first time we are not organizing solely around geographies or products. This position has been created to support our continued growth in our traditional market and to truly expand our presence in the virtual space.
Carl joins us from PayPal where for the last eight years he has held a variety of leadership position. He will be responsible for overseeing MoneyGram's business operations in Europe and Africa and also has the global responsibilities for our strategic expansion opportunity both online and through the formation of global partnership.
I see MoneyGram being a bigger player in these areas adjacent to our core business. Carl's payments acumen and experience will broaden our online, our mobile and emerging channel. He is an expert and brings the right mix of skills we need to lead this effort globally. Carl will report directly to me and he will be based in London. These appointments are the latest and series of actions we have taken during the past several quarters to upgrade our talent across the entire company to drive additional growth and cement our market leadership in money transfer services.
As MoneyGram has evolved and matured as a company, we have worked to identify new senior leadership with the capacity to lead MoneyGram’s talented employee base while maintaining and enhancing our public presence worldwide. We have already realized significant benefits from the recent additions of Larry Angelilli as Senior Vice President and Treasurer and of David Brown as senior Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer. We hope to maintain our positive momentum as we further align our leadership with the needs of our business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV