You can see in the chart on the right a breakdown of our revenue by product. And so Global Funds Transfer segment is the value creating engine of MoneyGram and it's 92% of our total revenue, 83% money transfer and 9% bill pay and financial services, excuse me, Financial Paper Products just 8% of our revenue.
For those of you who know MoneyGram from the past, you certainly know the quality of our revenue has changed quite dramatically.
2011 was a great year for MoneyGram. And you see here some numbers for Q4 and full-year 2011. And if I think about our business of what drives growth, as a funnel if you will, and we start with our agent network or points of presence. We grew 18% and closed the year at 267,000 points of presence.
Our transaction volume growth thus grew to 13% for the quarter, 14% for the year. And really, we target double-digit transaction growth. That's kind of what we align the internal folks many of you have heard me talk about. It's about double-digit growth, network growth and transactions.We have three primary buckets; U.S.-to-U.S., U.S. outbound and sends originating outside the U.S., all solidly hit double-digit growth, both for the quarter and for the year. And we have market-leading growth there as a subset of that U.S. outbound in sends to Mexico at a very strong 15% for the fourth quarter.All this yielded really strong revenue growth. On a constant currency basis we were there for the year at 10% and for the quarter at 11%. And we're really excited about the market in which we participate. This is a great industry; it has seen continual growth except for 2009, but at the bottom of this chart you can see MoneyGram's revenue growth and even when the industry shrank in 2009 MoneyGram saw growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV