Following the transaction, our total debt-to-EBITDA using a normalized 2011 EBITDA will equate to a ratio of approximately 2.3. Our current ratio is approximately 1.3x and our debt-to-equity ratio is approximately 0.8x.
Now, I would like to turn the call over to the CEO of BBSI, Mike Elich, who will comment further on the share repurchase transaction and I believe that we’re well positioned to drive shareholder value throughout 2012 and beyond. Mike?
Michael L . Elich
Good morning and thank you, Jim. I wanted to thank all of you for getting on the call this morning. I know it’s a quick turn. I wanted to take time this morning to just expand a little bit on the detailed comments that Jim made by asking a couple of questions that I’ve had to answer for myself over the last few weeks or months.One of them would be why do we do the purchase? When we look at the current market valuation, the available strategic options for the company, and the level of capital and existing cash flow and we believe that this purchase of shares the majority of which have been basically out of the public float was an attractive investment for all shareholders. Now, the second question for me was why did you pay a premium? This was not a transaction that could be accomplished empowered or for a company of our size and daily volume. Based upon our internal operating plan, extreme analysis that we did, projected cash flows at a cash balance, the board and management believe the $20 is a good price and transaction will be accretive to all shareholders. The third was, how does the proxy fight play into this decision. And I’d like to say that the proxy fight itself did not quite drive our decision to repurchase the shares. If anything, it was a mirror catalyst to bring all parties together to reach a mutually agreed upon outcome, which I think is best for all shareholders. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV