3 Leadership Lessons from Tim Tebow
"Let's say a leader comes up with a strategy and he has to sell it to the investors. He's going to face some tough questions and so he has to be able to -- especially coming out of this last recession, a lot of companies changed strategy to be able to handle that criticism of a company doing poorly -- defend what your current strategy is. It takes a lot of perseverance and poise," he says.
"In these press conferences, [Tebow is] always very upbeat, very poised, even in tough questions," Starich says. "He's eternally optimistic, even when things are looking down."
3. Authenticity and accountability go a long way for a small firm.
Lesson No. 3 goes back to transparency, but it's important for such people as leaders, owners and CEOs to take responsibility for their actions not only when the result is positive, but when a problem occurs.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV