Both stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
Shares of Comcast hit a 52-week high on Friday of $29.59. The stock's 52-week low of $18.74 was set on Aug. 9.
Comcast shares trade at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 13.5X; the average for broadcast and entertainment companies is 31.2X. For comparison, both Walt Disney (DIS) and Time Warner (TWX) have lower forward P/Es of 12.8X and 10.1X, respectively.All five of the analysts who cover Comcast rate it at buy. TheStreet Ratings gives Comcast an A+ grade with a buy rating and $35.08 price target. The stock has risen 25.55% year to date.
Shares of Priceline.com hit a 52-week high Friday of $717.17. The stock's 52-week low of $411.26 was set on Oct. 4. Priceline.com's forward P/E is 18.6X; the average for travel and tourism companies is 16.59. For comparison, Expedia (EXPE) has a lower forward P/E of 10.7X. Nineteen of the 22 analysts who cover Priceline.com rate it at buy. Three analysts give the stock a hold rating and one rates it at sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Priceline.com an A grade with a buy rating and $775 price target. The stock has risen 52.99% year to date. --Written by Alexandra Zendrian in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV