First Trust Dow Jones Internet Index Fund (FDN)
As its stock price has surged to breathtaking heights, Apple (AAPL) has continued to dominate technology-related discussion. While the Cupertino-based giant remains in the spotlight, other technology players have managed to stealthily push higher as well. Year to date, Salesforce.com (CRM), Priceline.com (PCLN) and LinkedIn (LNKD) have all managed to trade in line or surpass Apple.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (ITB)Last week's real estate-heavy economic calendar provided investors with a number of clues regarding the state of the battered housing industry. In looking at the recent spurt of bipolar performance seen from ITB and the SPDR S&P Homebuilder ETF (XHB), and witnessing the big earnings miss from KB Homes (KBH), it is clear that the industry is still facing hurdles. This week, more insight will be uncovered when the pending home sales report and Case-Shiller 20-city Index are released. ITB's top holding Lennar (LEN) is also slated to report earnings on Tuesday. Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV