Cost Plus (CPWM) is a specialty retailer of casual home furnishings and entertaining products in the U.S. This stock is trading up 15.9% at $18.60 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.7 millionAverage Volume: 269,098 Volume % Change: 892% From a technical perspective, CPWM is gapping up huge today on monster volume. The stock has also officially entered breakout territory since it has comfortably taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $15.82 with big volume. As long as CPWM can manage to close near its daily high of $18.98, then traders should continue to look for long biased trades in the near-term. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV