The Imaging and Printing Group (IPG) and the Personal Systems Group (PSG) will become one unit, under the jurisdiction of Executive Vice President Todd Bradley. Vyomesh "VJ" Joshi, who was in charge of Imaging and Printing, is retiring after 31 years with the company.
"This combination will bring together two businesses where HP has established global leadership," said HP CEO Meg Whitman, in the press release. "By providing the best in customer-focused innovation and operational efficiency, we believe we will create a winning scenario for customers, partners and shareholders."Shares of HP closed up 60 cents, or 2.61%, at $23.63 on Friday.
Accenture (ACN) reported better-than-expected second-quarter earnings and raised guidance on Thursday, as revenue from consulting and outsourcing continue to be strong. Excluding items, Accenture earned 97 cents a share, up from 75 cents a share in the prior year's quarter. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for earnings of 86 cents a share. Revenue came in at $6.8 billion, comfortably above the $6.6 billion estimate from Wall Street. Accenture said it now expects full-year earnings to be between $3.82 and $3.90 a share, 6 cents higher than its prior range for a profit of $3.76 to $3.84 a share. For the third quarter, Accenture expects revenue between $7.05 billion and $7.25 billion. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters are looking for third-quarter sales of $7.02 billion. Shares of Accenture gained $1.36, or 2.14%, to close at $64.88 on Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV