The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading up 38 points (+0.3%) at 13,084 as of Friday, Mar 23, 2012, 11:35 a.m. ET. During this time, 254.1 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,684 issues advancing vs. 1,148 declining with 142 unchanged. Holding back the Dow today is Home Depot (NYSE:HD), which is lagging the broader Dow index with a 46-cent decline (-0.9%) bringing the stock to $49.22. Volume for Home Depot currently sits at four million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 10.7 million shares. Home Depot has a market cap of $69.31 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 18.2% year to date as of Thursday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.3%. The Home Depot Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a home improvement retailer. The company's stores sell a range of building materials, home improvement products, and lawn and garden products to do-it-yourself, do-it-for-me (D-I-F-M), and professional customers. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.2, above the average retail industry P/E ratio of 19.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Home Depot as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Home Depot Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about ^DJI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV