The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 6.0 points at 13,040 as of Friday, Mar 23, 2012, 10:35 a.m. ET. During this time, 171.9 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,142 issues advancing vs. 1,608 declining with 145 unchanged. Holding back the Dow today is McDonald's Corporation (NYSE:MCD), which is lagging the broader Dow index with a 63-cent decline (-0.7%) bringing the stock to $95.17. This single loss is lowering the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 4.77 points or roughly accounting for 79.5% of the Dow's overall loss. Volume for McDonald's Corporation currently sits at 1.5 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 5.4 million shares. McDonald's Corporation has a market cap of $101.04 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are down 3.6% year to date as of Thursday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.9%. McDonald's Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, franchises and operates McDonald's restaurants primarily in the United States, Europe, the Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.4, below the average leisure industry P/E ratio of 19.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates McDonald's Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full McDonald's Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about ^DJI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV