Fulton Financial (FULT) operates a handful of community bank brands centered in the Mid-Atlantic region, comprising 260 branches between them. Despite the different brands under the Fulton umbrella, the firm boasts similar operations to any mid-sized regional bank; margins weigh in close to 20% and the firm boasts reasonably strong financial health.
While Fulton's model isn't the norm in the regional banking business, it's an attractive structure because it enables the firm to distance itself from the big-bank negatives without sacrificing the financial wherewithal of a larger organization. Increased focus on fee-based revenues through the firm's centralized wealth advisory arm is a major positive for shareholders, especially given the prolonged low interest rates that we're facing right now.On Tuesday, Fulton announced a 16.67% dividend increase, bringing its payout to 7 cents per share. A 2.31% dividend yield makes Fulton a reasonably strong payer in the banking business. Even so, the firm's small-cap status makes it more appropriate as a supporting player to a core income holding in a bigger regional bank. As of the most recently reported period, Fulton is one of David Dreman's top holdings. Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV