PulteGroup: S&P Intraday Laggard
The S&P dropped 3.05 points, or 0.22%, to 1,389.73 Friday morning.
Shares of PulteGroup fell 5.48% to $8.62. Rival homebuilder KB Home (KBH) reported Friday a first-quarter loss of $45.8 million, or 59 cents a share, much wider than analysts' expectations for a loss of 24 cents a share.
RBC Capital Markets analyst Robert Wetenhall said prior to the release of KB Home's results that it would set the stage for the rest of the homebuilders.PulteGroup has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 16.13 times; the average for home construction companies is 21.31. For comparison, both DR Horton (DHI) and Lennar (LEN) have higher forward P/Es of 18.16 and 19.4, respectively. Eighteen of the 23 analysts who cover PulteGroup rated it hold; five analysts gave the stock a buy rating. TheStreet Ratings gives PulteGroup a D+ grade and a sell rating. The stock has risen 36.13% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV