WARREN, Pa., March 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Northwest Bancshares, Inc., (Nasdaq Global Select Market NWBI), parent company of Northwest Savings Bank, has been named to the "Bank Honor Roll" of superior performers by KBW, Inc., a full-service investment bank that specializes in the financial services sector. Northwest is one of 45 U.S. banking institutions to be named to the list; KBW screened nearly 400 companies.
Companies named to the Honor Roll hold more than $500 million in total assets and are publicly traded banking institutions that meet three conditions.
1) They cannot have reported any annual loss in net income per share before extraordinary items over the past 10 years;
2) their 2011 annual reported net income per share before extraordinary items must be equal to or greater than their peak net income per share over the past 10 years; and3) they must show consecutive increases in net income per share before extraordinary items since 2009. This is the second consecutive year that KBW has selected Northwest Bancshares, Inc. to be on the Bank Honor Roll. Northwest's President and CEO, William J. Wagner, noted "Given the challenges the banking industry has faced over the past four years, our Directors, officers and employees are proud to be recognized for the strong operating performance we achieved during such a tumultuous time. We thank KBW for this honor and we remain committed to improving our value proposition for employees, customers, communities and shareholders." Northwest Bancshares, Inc. posted record earnings in 2011, and holds capital well in excess of that required by its regulators. The company operates Northwest Savings Bank, a community bank with assets of $8 billion and a network of 168 banking locations in Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, and Maryland. SOURCE Northwest Bancshares, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV