Obama to Nominate Dartmouth President to Head World Bank
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- President Barack Obama plans to nominate Dartmouth College's president to head the World Bank.
Jim Yong Kim is the 17th president of Dartmouth College and also the first physician to serve as the college's president. Kim co-founded the research and advocacy group Partners in Health and was previously a director of the Department of HIV/AIDS at the World Health Organization.
The new president of the World Bank will be picked by the organization's executive board. The U.S. has the highest percentage of votes in the process.
Obama will announce Kim's nomination on Friday, The Associated Press said.World Bank President Robert Zoellick announced his resignation in February. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV