Shares of OfficeMax were upgraded to hold from sell by TheStreet Ratings on Friday.
"The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations," TheStreet Ratings wrote. "However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally poor debt management and disappointing return on equity."OfficeMax's forward P/E is 9.32; the average for specialty retailers is 17.22. Ten of the 15 analysts who cover OfficeMax rated it hold; five analysts gave the stock a buy rating. TheStreet Ratings gives OfficeMax a C- grade and hold rating. The stock has risen 26.21% year to date.
Shares of Luby's were upgraded to buy from hold by TheStreet Ratings on Friday. The restaurant reported Thursday second-quarter earnings of $1.1 million, or 4 cents a share, up from year-earlier earnings of $717,000, or 3 cents a share. Luby's stock hit a 52-week high on Thursday of $6.37. The stock's 52-week low of $3.81 was set on Oct. 4. Luby's has a forward P/E of 19.93; the average for restaurant and bar companies is 25.12. Both of the analysts who cover Luby's rated it buy. TheStreet Ratings gives Luby's a B- grade with a buy rating and a $6.53 price target. The stock has risen 28.16% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV