Shares of Honda were upgraded to buy from hold by TheStreet Ratings on Friday.
"The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels," TheStreet Ratings wrote. "We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Honda has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 11.62 times; the average for car companies is 15.42. For comparison, Toyota Motor's (TM) forward P/E is 14.89.Analysts were split on Honda with one giving it a buy rating and another rating the stock a sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Honda a B- grade with a buy rating and a $44.38 price target. The stock has risen 27.1% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV