Dollar Soft, but Rangebound
NEW YORK (BBH FX Strategy) -- The U.S. dollar is paring back some of its recent gains but continues to trade in tight ranges.
The euro has recovered but stalled out just ahead of 1.33, a key level of resistance. A break of this level would likely open up a move toward 1.350, but we expect economic weakness in the euro zone and concerns about Spain to remain headwinds for the euro. For now, we remain in a 1.30-to-1.33 range.
The Australian dollar is flat near 1.04, after declining for three consecutive days. The yen is also flat on the day, after rallying nearly 1% over the past five days.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV