BOGOTA, Colombia, March 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ecopetrol S.A. (BVC: ECOPETROL; NYSE: EC; TSX: ECP) reported today that the General Meeting of Shareholders in its ordinary session appointed KPMG LTDA. as the External Auditor of Ecopetrol S.A. for fiscal year 2012.
Ecopetrol is Colombia's largest company of the oil & gas industry, and is found among the 50 largest oil companies in the world and the top four in Latin America. In addition to Colombia where it represents more than 60% of national production, the company is also present with exploration and production activities in Brazil, Peru and the United States ( Gulf of Mexico). Ecopetrol owns the largest refinery in Colombia, the majority of the network of oil and multipurpose pipelines in the country and is significantly increasing its share in biofuels.
This press release contains declarations related to business perspectives, estimated operating and financial results, and statements related to prospects for Ecopetrol growth. All of these statements are projections and consequently are based solely on management expectations related to the future of the company and its continued access to capital to finance the company's business plan. These future estimates depend on changes in market conditions, regulations, competition and the performance of the Colombian economy and industry, among other factors; consequently they are subject to change without prior notice.For more information, contact: Director of Investor Relations Alejandro Giraldo Telephone: +571-234-5190 Fax: +571-234-5628 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Media Relations ( Colombia) Jorge Mauricio Tellez Telephone: + 571-234-4329 Fax: +571-234-4480 E-mail: email@example.com SOURCE Ecopetrol S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV