2012 Toyota Prius V
Starting price: $29,990
Top: Available panoramic sunroof
MPG: 44 city, 40 highway, 42 combined
The popular hybrid's wagon version comes cheaper, with the base model starting at $26,400. If riders want that panoramic moonroof with electric sliding sunshades, they're going to have to splurge.
For the car buyer's trouble, Toyota (TM) also throws in LED headlights, integrated fog lights, alloy wheels, Toyota's Entune entertainment and navigation system, heated seats and a telescoping steering wheel with audio, climate, dynamic cruise and Bluetooth phone controls. The 34 cubic feet of potential cargo space also isn't shabby for those long spring outings.
"A wagon version of the popular Prius, the Prius V is far and away the ruler of its class when it comes to fuel economy," Edmunds.com's Clarke says. "Ride quality is quiet and comfortable, cargo capacity is generous and the cabin offers lots of room for passengers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV