2012 Mini Cooper Convertible
Starting price: $25,650
Top: Automatic soft-top convertible
MPG: 27 city, 35 highway, 30 combined
The sweet drop-top is a nice touch, but this 1.6-liter, 121-horsepower little dynamo didn't get its fun reputation just by sitting there and looking pretty.
The Mini convertible comes loaded with its Mini Connected entertainment center featuring a 6.5-inch high-definition display, Apple (AAPL)-designed Bluetooth interface and app for smartphone and iTunes connectivity and optional GPS. While's it's also hooked up with Sirius satellite radio, Pandora (P) and HD radio, the most indulgent item built into the dash is an Openometer whose sole purpose is to count the number of minutes or hours your convertible top is down during your trip.
The Mini's wide stance, stability control and surprising speediness for a car its size make it an "absolute joy" for Kelley Blue Book's team, but distractions such as the open top, broad color palette, surrounding airbags and cockpit-style dashboard are what make up for the paltry six cubic feet of cargo space in the trunk."This is a Mini, so don't expect loads of cargo room," Edmunds.com's Clarke says. "If you're fine with that, what you get is a quick little drop-top that offers razor-sharp handling and excellent fuel economy."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV