2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Starting price: $25,540
Top: Available panoramic sunroof
MPG: 30 city, 42 highway, 34 combined
Hmm. Superb fuel economy, comfortable seating for five, a smooth ride and nearly 70 cubic feet of maximum storage? That sounds like a road trip waiting to happen.
"Room for the entire family or up to 69 cubic feet of cargo with the rear seats folded," Schaffels says. "With the 2.0-liter turbodiesel engine that promises 42 miles per gallon, you can travel 600 miles on just one tank of diesel."
That panoramic sliding sunroof tacks a bit onto the starting price, but starts over the front seats and extends nearly into the wayback. With VW already loading up the TDI with throw-ins such as a 10-speaker touchscreen sound system with six-disc CD changer, Sirius XM (SIRI) satellite radio and an MP3 player attachment, the only thing missing is the destination.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV