2012 Porsche Boxster
Starting price: $49,500
Top: Electric soft-top convertible
MPG: 20 city, 29 highway, 24.5 combined
Along with the Mazda Miata, the Porsche Boxter is the two-seat drop-top dream of any driver who's ever wanted a little toy to tool around in for the season.
With 265 horsepower that takes it from 0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds and a top speed around 165 miles per hour, the Boxster is unquestionably zippy. But pedestrian throw-ins such as a garage door opener and CD audio system with MP3 hookups look a whole lot better when paired with some significant trunk space for weekend trips.
"Because of its mid-engine design, this two seater has generous trunk space in front and back so two people can pack as much stuff as they want for a sunny getaway," says Brandy Schaffels, senior editor at TrueCar. "With 29 miles per gallon highway, they can drive as far as they want without going broke paying for gas."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV