Another under-$10 stock that's moving within range of triggering a breakout trade is Phoenix Companies (PNX). This company provides life insurance and annuity products through third-party distributors, supported by wholesalers and financial planning specialists employed by it. This stock is up nicely so far in 2012, with shares registering a 33% gain.
If you take a look at the chart for Phoenix Companies, you'll notice that this stock has been uptrending strong for the past six months, soaring from its low in October at 97 cents per share to its recent high of $2.69 a share. This stock recently pulled back off that $2.69 high and tagged its 200-day moving of $1.91 a share, where buyers stepped back into the stock. Now PNX has moved back above its 50-day moving average of $2.16, and it's trading within range of triggering some near-term breakouts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV