The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (Insider Monkey) --Nowadays readers have access to Websites that track the daily changes in billionaires' wealth. We wanted to track the performance of billionaires' top stock picks. By looking at our Billionaire Hedge Fund Index , investors may be able to decide whether it makes sense to imitate billionaires' stock picks without paying them hefty fees.
Warren Buffett , George Soros , John Paulson , Jim Simons , David Einhorn , Ray Dalio , and T. Boone Pickens are among the 39 billionaires we're tracking. Billionaire fund managers' top 30 stock picks returned 16.7% in 2012 as of March 16, vs. 12.3% gain in the S&P 500 ETF (SPY). Here are the top 7 stocks they're crazy about:
1. Apple (AAPL) is the most popular stock among billionaire fund managers. Nearly half of them had a large position in Apple at the end of December.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV