The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) closed down 78.0 points (-0.6%) at 13,046. During the day, 660.8 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio closed at 740 issues advancing vs. 2,242 declining with 113 unchanged. The Dow component that led the way higher today was International Business Machines (NYSE:IBM), which sported an 80-cent gain (+0.4%) bringing the stock to $205.49. Volume for International Business Machines ended the day at 3.3 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 5.1 million shares. International Business Machines has a market cap of $226.21 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. Shares are up 11.1% year to date as of Wednesday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 1.5%. International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) provides information technology (IT) products and services worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Global Technology Services, Global Business Services, Software, Systems and Technology, and Global Financing. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.8, above the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio of 14.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates International Business Machines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full International Business Machines Ratings Report.
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about ^DJI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV