Cost Plus, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter And Fiscal 2011 Results And Provides Outlook For The First Quarter And Full Year Fiscal 2012
Cost Plus, Inc. (NASDAQ:CPWM) today announced financial results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended January 28, 2012 and provided its financial outlook for the first quarter and full year of fiscal 2012.
Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2011 Highlights
- Same store sales for the quarter increased 7.6% on top of a 7.7% increase for the quarter last year.
- Same store customer count for the quarter increased 3.4% and same store average ticket increased 4.1%.
- Net sales for fiscal 2011 were $963.8 million, a 5.2% increase compared to $916.6 million for fiscal 2010.
- Net income from continuing operations for fiscal 2011 was $17.7 million compared to $4.7 million for fiscal 2010.
- Earnings per diluted share from continuing operations for fiscal 2011 was $0.76 compared to $0.21 last year.
- No outstanding borrowings as of January 28, 2012 compared to $25.4 million outstanding borrowings last year.
- Non-GAAP EBITDA from continuing operations for fiscal 2011 was $51.3 million compared to $39.5 million for fiscal 2010.
Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2011 Results from Continuing Operations
Net sales for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 were $364.3 million, a 6.7% increase compared to $341.6 million for the fourth quarter of last year. Same store sales for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 increased 7.6% on top of a 7.7% increase for the fourth quarter of last year. The increase in same store sales for the fourth quarter was due to an increase in customer count of 3.4% and an increase in the average ticket per customer of 4.1%. Net sales for fiscal 2011 were $963.8 million, a 5.2% increase compared to $916.6 million for fiscal 2010, and same store sales increased 5.4% on top of a 7.2% increase for fiscal 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV