Tim McGraw/Kenny Chesney
Country music fans are likely to turn out in droves as Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw reunite for their Brothers of the Sun tour. They hit the states, direct from Australia, in June and hopscotch around the country through August.
It marks the first time in 10 years the pair have hit the road together. It comes on the heels of Chesney's Goin' Coastal tour, which drew in more than 1.3 million fans and was the year's biggest country tour. An Aug. 13 performance at the Meadowlands in New Jersey drew 55,000 fans.
The popularity and potential profitability of country music can be summed up in this little fact: Chesney out-earned Lady Gaga last year, with $84.6 million in ticket sales to her $63.7 million. (Teen songbird Taylor Swift beat both with $97.7 million in ticket sales.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV